What is the eligibility Criteria for joining the School for Advanced Studies?
Demonstrated ability in all four critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in their primary language.
- Explain meanings or relationships among facts, information, or concepts that demonstrate depth and complexity.
- Formulate new ideas or solutions and elaborate on the information.
- Use alternative methods in approaching new or unfamiliar mathematical problems.
- Use extensive vocabulary easily and accurately to express creative ideas
Have national percentile scores of 85 or above on the most current District-approved standardized norm-reference tests in both
- total reading or ELA or reading composite and
- total math or math composite or
- verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning or
- total (APR) Verbal (2014-2015 OLSAT-8) and total (APR) Non-Verbal (2014-2015 OLSAT-8).
Be identified as gifted by a LAUSD psychologist in the Intellectual, High Achievement, Specific Academic, Creative or Leadership Ability categories.