APPLY TO COLLEGE
Please check your CSU campus portal to the school(s) you applied to to check your EAP status. You will be notified via the portal if you need to take the EPT (English Placement Test) / ELM (Entry Level Math) test. YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR EPT and/or ELM tests - colleges need this to determine your course schedule for your first semester/quarter as a freshman. Failure to take the tests will affect your enrollment in the college - you may not get the classes you need!
Look at the attached documents to see if you are exempt from the math and/or english placement test. Registration dates are fast approaching! Most CSUs need the scores early May so register NOW because testing sites fill up FAST!! The next registration date is March 25 to take the test on April 8.
**if you are unsure of which test to take, come to the College Center C-11 and find out**
PLACEMENT TEST: EPT - English
ELM - Entry level Math
REGISTER ONLINE: https://www.ets.org/csu/registration
COST: EPT $20.00
WHAT TO BRING: Admission Ticket
Social Security #
Questions, concerns or comments? You may:
- Come to the College Center C-11 to receive help from Engel or Baron
- Call the College Center C-11 at (310) 847-6036
- Email Kat Khair firstname.lastname@example.org or come in person in Room C-12
Our offices are open 8:00am to 3:30pm.
Don't forget that the CSU and UC applications are due November 30, 2016!
- CSU: You must qualify for the CSU app fee waivers, located at the end of the CSU application. The fee waiver is determined by the number of persons living at your household (including yourself), and the total yearly income of your family.
- UC: You may use either the fee waiver at the end of the UC application, or the four (4) college fee waivers from College Board (on your College Board account/log-in).
- Private Universities: Located at the end of the application. Apply for private universities either through Common App website, or on the actual college's website.
- The final test date that colleges will accept for Fall 2017 admission is in December 2016 (yes, even if most apps are due on November 30).
- REMEMBER to send your score reports ASAP. The score reports are free up to a certain date/time after your most recent scores are released. Past that date, score reports range from $11 to $12 per score report.
- For SAT: Use code 3594 to send SAT scores to all CSU campuses. For UC, if you send a score report to one (1) UC, all UC campuses will receive it (because the UC system connects all UC campuses).
COLLEGE CENTER C-11 STAFF/PERSONNEL WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DURING THANKSGIVING BREAK (11/19/16 THROUGH 11/27/16) TO HELP WITH COLLEGE APPLICATIONS!!!
This is the 2016-2017 list of EOP (Educational Opportunity Program) deadlines for Cal State Universities. NOTE: If you are a recommender, please make sure that you complete and submit your recommendations by the deadline noted on this list. For some institutions, the application deadline is different from the recommendation deadline. Be aware—each school has a DIFFERENT DEADLINE.